My Day At Lake Fort Smith

Tuesday, July 21, 2009



Saturday the weather was not very much like July weather. It was a lot cooler than it's supposed to be in July, and Mom didn't want to waste such a wonderful day inside the house, so she suggested to Dad that we go fishing at Lake Fort Smith. Dad was all for that idea and called my Grandma and Grandpa to see if they wanted to meet us there becuause Grandpa has been really wanting to go fishing lately.

I knew Saturday that we were going somewhere I could swim because Mom put my waterproof collar on me and my neoprene vest to protect me from fish hooks and other stuff like that. Knowing that I was going to get to swim I was really excited when we loaded up the truck and headed South.

I tried to take a nap in Mom's lap while we were on the Interstate, but Dad kept making noises that disturbed me. I kept giving him dirty looks, but he just kept on making noise. I sort of remember the way to Lake Fort Smith from the two times I went there before, so when we turned off the interstate I decided I wanted to look out the window. Mom told me that when we got to the park she would roll down the window and let me hand out my head.

She did roll down the window, and I saw my Grandma and Grandpa and got even more excited. When we parked, I was in a hurry to get to our favorite spot and start swimming. I had already jumped in and out of the water a whole bunch of times before Dad and Grandpa even started fishing.

Mom and Grandma watched me swim, and I kept trying to dry off on them. At one point I met a chocolate labrador named Bristol who was a few months younger than me. She ws kinda sad because her sister-dog had recently crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

She was also kinda scared because she had never gone swimming anywhere but a puppy pool in the back yard. At first she just waded around a bit, but then she saw me going after my frisbees and racquetballs and before she knew it, she was swimming! It was a lot of fun to have someone to play with in the water. I wish we could have played together longer.

We ate supper, then I went swimming a little more while the guys fished some more. I was so tired that I slept on either Mom or Dad's lap the whole way home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
◄ Design by Pocket